Thursday, August 16, 2012

Kindergarten

I have felt an undercurrent of anxiety for the past several days in anticipation of the big day - Lily's first day of Kindergarten. I knew Lily would likely rock it. And she did. A few tears from me. A few from Lily. Yet all in all, we survived. And I think she will LOVE Kindergarten. I only have a few minutes to post a few pictures, so here they are.


We took Grandma Janie to her Orthopedic appointment this morning and met Great Papa and Nanci there. I love that my 91 year old grandpa can still hold Cole on his lap.


Mom: "Lily, whatever you do, don't smile." Usually works. Ate at Subway right before first day of Kindergarten.


Mom: "Lily can we put the backpack next to you for the picture?"
Lily: "No mom, I want to sit on the backpack."


Lily was thinking "Ok, but you aren't going to leave, right?" Tears just after this was taken. But they only lasted a minute. Brave girl.


And this was Lily's first soccer practice with her elementary school kindergarten team last night.

Gotta run. Hope all the other kiddos did great today - from my friends it sounds like all went well. Big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment