Sunday, August 5, 2012

Treasure this...

I haven't been this excited about a new product for a while. This idea came to me while brainstorming Father's Day gifts for my dad. I needed something special...I mean, really special...that he would treasure. And something that is READY for him to put up. I didn't want anything he needed to buy a frame for. Finally, I wanted something that was sentimental from his grandchildren. So...I asked my kids "what would you like to say to Papa Chip for Father's Day?" I am sure there are many other creative questions that would yield cooler answers. They said "we love you Papa Chip." So I asked Lily to write it down. She did. And I adore her little 5 year old handwriting. The less perfect, the better. Give me an "E" that is 10 inches tall or give me backwards letters that all run together. I took the words she wrote and embroidered them onto a fabric color that is one of my dad's favorite colors and I kept it in the rustic little wooden embroidery hoop.


It was also special to write a little handwritten message on the hoop.


Since then, I've had the pleasure of making a few more:


My dear friend's daughter just wrote this to her mama one day and I knew right away it just had to be embroidered as a keepsake.


And this is a wee tiny one (4 inch hoop; others are 6 inch hoops) that we made for Great Grandma Kasey's birthday.

So so excited that these are finally listed in my Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/104804529/gift-child-handwriting-to-loved-one

My goal is to offer an affordable gift that the recipient will truly treasure. Husbands/fathers - this would be so incredible for your wife's birthday, or for Mother's Day. It would be so special for Grandmas and Grandpas too. Ok, I hate the sales pitch nonsense - not at all why I do this - so I'm stopping now. I'm just so excited about the idea of it that I can't contain myself. ;-)

Other new products that will soon be launching include personalized thank you cards for kids. Here are some examples:




These can be printed as flat or folded cards, 4 by 6 or 5 by 7. As always, personalization, customization and changes can be made at no extra cost. 

I am in the process of working on new designs for girls...and I have mocked up mermaids and princesses. I welcome any ideas and I LOVE custom work, so send ideas my way!

Additionally, lately several customers have sought out the "you are my sunshine" print as an invitation to their daughter's birthday party. Cute!


Finally, a new set of prints was added to the shop recently. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - with a superhero. Nobody can accuse me of not incorporating my daily life into my art. ;-)


Of course, the superhero will be customized to the little boy in your life. ;-) Here is my little superhero...who always wants to fly to the moon.

Signing off. Happy week everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment