Monday, June 18, 2012

Rolling in the Deep

Driving to camp on this gorgeous sunny morning - kids and me - and we roll down all of the windows and dial back the sunroof. We turn on one of our fave songs "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele. Loud. Louder. All three of us are dancing, singing at the top of our lungs. At stop lights people look and smirk (ha ha, that rhymes). There are so many moments in our days that I wish I could bottle up and save forever and never forget. This was one of them.

The other day I told the kids they could each spend $10 on a new present from Barnes and Noble. Cole got a superhero book with figurines. Lily got a lego helicopter with 96 pieces.


Progress made after 1 hour with mommy's help.


And then once Daddy came home, all was right in the world. We play with that helicopter ALL. THE. TIME. 

We were looking in the car under the seats for one of Lily's lost toys and we found one of Cole's old "ya yas" (pacifier). It had probably been there over a year and it was broken. Although he has been ya-ya free for several months now, he came home and washed it right off and put it in his mouth. Tears came to my eyes because I thought I'd never see him with a pacifier again. But here he is. Then the ya-ya fairy came again...


A lot of my time has been spent creating these embroidered treasures.


Not only do these include embroidery, but there is also fabric appliquéd and machine stitched on. Opens up a world of possibilities here.


Thinking I might do a tutorial on this sometime. It truly is a treasure to have your young child's artwork hung on your wall.

Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment