Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kenny & Summer Shandy

I have the kids in the bath right now. When they stepped in, the dirt from their feet smeared the bottom of the tub. As they were getting undressed, they sung a ballad of "Knee Deep in the Water Somewhere" by Zac Brown Band to each other. When I poured water over their heads, the smell of "summer outside" wafted up. They quickly filled up their new water guns that they got from Papa Chip today and they are squirting it all over the tub. The conversation they are having right now is hysterical - about rubber duckies. I am drinking a bottle of Summer Shandy. And I love it. Have you tried it before? It rocks. Life was good today.


We have had full summer days. Highlights:

  • Chris and I went to the Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney concert at Arrowhead Stadium. Felt like kids again. Danced. Sang at the top of our lungs. Didn't get to sleep until 1:45 am. Next day, we couldn't hang. We were feeling our age. Oh, but it was worth it. 

It was crazy awesome. And we knew the words to pretty much every song. And we sang it good and loud.

  • Today we went on our nature walk and ate dinner with our dear friends. 

Lily and Ellie held hands the whole time.

  • Swim lessons for both kids. Lily = risk taker. Cole = not a risk taker; cries for mamma most of the time. Making progress though.


Embroidery orders are coming along. They are such a treasure and I really love doing them. Yet they are so incredibly time consuming. This is what my living room looks like late late at night while everyone else is sleeping. 


Almost finished with 2 of them and starting a new one tonight. I've also been working on several custom orders. Here is a draft of 4 illustrations I am making for a baby's room. So so fun.
Speaking of Lily Cole Designs, I need to get to work. Lots to embroider and lots of emails to return. 




No comments:

Post a Comment