Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Recap

After another wonderful and relaxing weekend around home, last night something happened that stopped us in our tracks. 

Kids were dog tired. We played outside most of the day. No naps (those are so rare anyway). It was 8:30 and we gave the kids their vitamins. Cole likes those gummy kind. We gave him 2. He then ran out on the deck to see Daddy and he fell down. No bumps or bruises or blood, but it hurt. He had that cry where you can't catch your breath. But then we realized that he really couldn't catch his breath. He was choking on his gummy vitamin. We hit his back hard several times and it wouldn't come up. Chris put his arms around his torso and pumped. After 2, the gummy popped out. Praise the Lord! I have never been more grateful for my hero of a husband than I was at that moment. I was shaking. My legs were jello. I held Cole and caressed him while he cried for a while. Chris's mood changed from lighthearted and fun to somber and quiet. When I asked him later what was going through his mind he said, "anything can happen at any time." So true, so scary. Gummies are in the trash. About 2 minutes later, Cole was up and playing as if nothing had happened. I shudder to think of the "what ifs." So I choose now to focus on all of the great little moments of our weekend. 

The weekend involved a lot of outside time. We are soaking up every little opportunity before it gets scorching hot.
A little rain was welcomed by us. Anytime kids have an excuse to break out their $7 Walmart umbrellas is a good day for us!


Date with Lily at Jimmy Johns. All four of us arrive here and Lily really wants JJs but Cole really wants macaroni from Panera. So what do we do? Chris goes with Cole to Panera and I go with the Lily to JJs. What are you talking about? We don't let our children run our lives! Uh, we do. Kind of. But then we all ate outside together and had a kumbaya lunch.


Baby C laughing hysterically last night. Mom is my sweet, darling amazing, sent from God friend and next door neighbor.


More sweet neighbor friends.


I was able to sneak in a little bit of reading time in the lawn chair on the driveway while kids played. 50 Shades anyone? It rocks.


Planking. While giggling.

Lily Cole Designs has been super busy. Lots of custom orders are coming through for illustrations. I love custom work. Nothing pleases me more than working with a customer to get just exactly what they want - and knowing that it will be hung above their newborn baby's crib for years to come. Here are a few owl images created recently. I love owls. And just to add a little more "love" in there....let me tell you: I really really love both of my jobs.



Kids are stirring from their little nap. Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment