Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Funny day

So this is why I love having a business like Lily Cole Designs. Look at the fun family "portrait" I got to create for a customer. This is a Grandma and Grandpa with their 5 grandchildren. 11 by 14. So much fun. Hopefully it is something that will be treasured.
I am also in the process of creating a logo for an INCREDIBLE new company that will be opening soon in Olathe, KS. I wish I could share more, and I'll be able to soon, but I think it is something that the creative people in this world will adore!

So this morning was funny. Kids and I woke up and slowly got around. The house was a mess, lots of laundry needed to be finished, etc. It was one of those mornings where I would go to put a shirt away and I'd realize I forgot to put on deodorant. So then I put on deodorant. Then I noticed in my cabinet that I was almost out of hair spray. So I go to my grocery list and add it. Then I see my list and realize I had to renew a sold item on Etsy. So I relist it. And then I see I needed to change an illustration for a customer right away. And...and...and. And before I knew it, it was 11 am and we were all still in our pajamas. So at 11:30 we load up in the car. Plan was to go to the Overland Park Arboretum to eat a sack lunch and walk around. Locals - if you haven't been there yet, we highly recommend. Pull out of our driveway and my mom calls. She is sick and needs to go to ER and I need to take her. Yet Lily is starving and mom says "take your time - go to the park to eat your lunch and come get me when you are finished." Well I didn't want to drive in the opposite direction to the Arboretum, so while on my way to mom's general direction, I look at the navigation system for a park. Holy toledo there is a park right off of 151st and Lowell called "Kingston Lake" something. If anyone is still with me through this long story - congratulations - you rock.

Anyway, we pull up and it is FABULOUS. The greatest find....like a "have-lived-here-for-15-years-and-never-knew-it-existed-and-now-we'll-go-there-all-the-time" type of find. 


And we are getting out of the car and I realized I forgot to put on Cole's shoes. God was laughing out loud because any plan I tried to make today flew out the window. We rocked it at the park anyway. Cole didn't care. Who needs shoes anyway?


Holla! There is a lake AND ducks AND geese. Are you kidding me?


See how the babies are dunking their heads in at the same time? Kids. In. Heaven. Fed them most of our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and then an hour later both kids were starving again. Go figure.


Cole is the goose in our family. Love his expressions.


And they even had those cool swings that look like they belong in 2025. I swear I thought Lily was about to fall asleep. I think it is funny how Cole crosses his legs at the ankles. All prim and proper.

Ok, it is 10:55 pm and I need to get back to Lily Cole Designs. And then BED.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I get a day in the life of Maggie! Wish we weren't so far away! xo

    ReplyDelete