Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Whatever Craft Weekend

Weekend away. Just me. Doing my favorite thing: crafting. Arrived. Newton, KS. Beautiful old Victorian home. 14 other traveled ladies from all parts of the U.S. (and Canada). Zac Brown Band playing on Pandora. Kimberlee cooking Pioneer Woman's Penne alla Betsy simmering on the stovetop. Views of colorful pendant flags hanging from ceilings. Within the first few minutes of arriving, I knew I was just exactly where I wanted and needed to be. I had the privilege of "winning the lottery" to come to Whatever Craft Weekend.

Meg's blog is so beautiful. Her pictures are just mesmerizing, so check it out on her blog, but here are some of my personal pictures. There was so much beauty in Meg's house, I just couldn't stop clicking.

Who wouldn't want to craft here? 



Look at all of this "swag." Each weekender had their own pile of stuff in their own "cubby." Darling stuff. Her sponsors are incredible. 


Charm. There is literally charm in every nook and cranny of her beautiful home. 




I absolutely adore how she has displayed her children's artwork. You know me, the more color the better. This is outstanding. 


And it is hard to tell, but this is a bathroom just off the main room. Her children decorated the walls. Now if I could only get my husband to agree to this...


Look at the aprons and tea towels we created: 


A picture of Meg and me. I felt so proud to meet her and learn from her. I probably asked way too many questions (I tend to do that - I've had people tell me I should have been a journalist), but she made each of us feel as if we were the only ones in the room. Meg is inspiring. Not only has she developed an exemplary blog with professional photographs of her vintage decorated home, she has organized these craft weekends that spark passion in many. My constant thought through the weekend was "I can't believe people would travel from all parts of the country (hey, we even had a Canadian, so Whatever Craft Weekends are now international!) to come to Newton, KS!" It is middle of nowhere U.S. and people are paying money to spend the weekend with complete strangers. Yet it was worth every penny and every ounce of stress getting ready for the trip. Highly recommend it to anyone interested. 


I am a PROUD KANSAN and as we were driving through the Flint Hills of Kansas for our antique shopping, I kept finding myself getting choked up. Feeling so incredibly prideful that people came to our little neck of the woods. 

As fun as the weekend was for me, it was SO GOOD to get home to my babies. Here is Lily wearing her new headband and sitting on the tea towels. 


When I got home, we snapped open all of our lounge chairs and relaxed on the driveway while the children played. Soon our driveway was filled our neighbors too – probably because we had a stocked refrigerator full of beer. 


Storms were brewing and we enjoyed watching the dark clouds roll in. 


Then all of a sudden the tornado sirens blared and the weatherman on the radio was telling us to take cover. We hurried to the basement and turned on our TVs. A tornado formed directly over our cross streets. It was strange to hear OUR cross streets on the radio. Luckily the tornado was very thin and it fizzled out before it hit the ground. No damage, no injuries. Pretty exciting stuff. That’s Kansas livin’. ;-)

Loved watching my family watch the storm out the window. Lily looks really tan. Must be the filter on Instagram. 


As far as Lily Cole Designs, there are a few new things underway. Thank you cards for Lily's birthday party were a blast to create. Lily drew a picture of a hand holding a thank you card. I added a sweet little border and had folded cards printed through a local printing company. Now I want to do this with ALL of her artwork. 


I've also created some custom cards for friends (will show in a future post) and I finally got the onesies/tshirts for sale at the Mommy Shop. 


Oh, and Buddy has mastered Lily's bike. He doesn't mind at all that it is nice and pink. ;)


Signing off. I stayed up way too late. Again. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment