Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My baby girl is 5 today

And she woke up with pink eye in both eyes. Humph. Yet in true Lily fashion, she was cool as a cucumber about the fact that she was sick on her birthday. "We'll just have to do something to celebrate another day, Mommy." Love her.

Papa Chip got her a brand new bike. She could still test it out even though she has pink eye, for Pete's sake!

I updated this picture on 5/9/12. Funny story. After talking to Meg about blogging, she said "well you know, one thing you can't do on a blog is put up pictures of your children in their underwear." I winced. One of the first pictures of Lily was exactly that. So advantage of knowing Photoshop: add clothing. See how much I can learn from you Meg?! ;-)

I mean, really, it's not like she hasn't already had a rockstar birthday. Last Thursday she had 24 of her friends (many of them from her preschool class) to a bounce house place. Her theme was rainbows and unicorns.

Invitations:

Personalized (for each girl) tote bags with a unicorn. They filled em up with candy at the end of the party.




Yet at the party there was very little time for noticing those little details. They were way too busy BOUNCING. A lot. Loved looking out and seeing little red smiling faces, their hair sticking to their little foreheads with sweat. And lots of giggles.





One of the coolest joys of the night? Seeing my baby girl's face light up when she got her first pet. A beta fish. She named him "Tommy."



Here are some of the lovely and exciting things I've been working on for Lily Cole Designs.










Onesies and tshirts!! This has been a LONG time coming. I have been plotting and scheming and researching and and and...to find a way to get my designs onto wearable children's items. After several failed attempts (mostly including iron-on transfers), I finally found the answer: I have had fabric made out of my designs! Have you ever heard of Spoonflower? You must check it out. Just imagine all of the possibilities.

One more thing...I am feeling overwhelmingly excited for my upcoming weekend excursion. I am heading to Newton, KS for Whatever Craft Weekend. Check out Meg's blog here and details about the Whatever Craft Weekend here. I will post about it when I return.



8 comments:

  1. Love the invites! My daughter (also Madeline) celebrated with a unicorn-themed birthday party for her last one as well - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cate. Love that we both did the unicorn theme. I loved unicorns as a girl, so when Lily said she wanted to do unicorns, I JUMPED at the opportunity. Thanks for your comment. You might officially be my first commenter! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Your creations are adorable. And I love how you had Spoonflower help you out:) That's such a neat site.
    (Found you from Meg's CW post link)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Neat that you are also a Meg follower. I think she is so incredibly inspiring. And in person she is pretty darn special too!

      Delete
  3. Can I just tell you that I think you are pretty great? I knew the moment I met you in the fourth grade! As we were growing up together I always knew you were talented--I am overflowing with pride as I see all of your amazing creations. I think your two best creations are L&C--they are pretty great and I love them dearly. Love you always my forever friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenny Jenny. I could go on and on about my blessed feelings of having you as one of my oldest and dearest friends. And you know what? You have been so darn supportive of my Lily Cole Designs stuff, which I will never ever ever forget. It warms my heart. Love you to death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love LOVE the onesies Maggie! Perfect! I am sooooooo going to stop into Mommyshop and buy. Your blog is looking great, count me as your newest follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin - I JUST saw this and it is June 18th! Jeesch. Thanks for the sweet comment, dear friend. Hope to catch up again soon!!

    ReplyDelete