Friday, May 18, 2012

Stay young forever. Please.

Cole told me today that when he is 30, he will still hold my hand. I need to get that in writing and have him sign it.

We have had a full day today. I love waking up long before the children because I can not only get work finished for Lily Cole Designs, I can also get myself ready. Translation: easier transition into our morning and more time for FUN.

Cole, aka "DJ Jazzy Jeff" played some Usher and we had dance party USA. He probably shouldn't know all of the words to the "Yeah" song. But he does.


Lily got a manicure with each finger painted a different color.


We played outside this morning. It truly couldn't be a more beautiful morning. Did drive-thru of Chic-Fil-A and had a "back of the SUV" picnic in the parking lot of a nature trail (because the park across the street looked like 2 entire schools were there).


We then went on a nature walk. Picked lots of dandelions, investigated any holes we saw in the trees, asked if the water was a creek or a river and wanted to know the difference.


And yesterday - well, that was a great day too. Chris and I went on a lunch date to the Bristol. We never get to do that. Then we headed to preschool graduation for Lily. Lily has been singing her songs to us a lot in the past few days. As the children were heading down the hallway between all of parents, I saw that Lily's head was on a swivel looking for us. She finally spotted us and we were waving like lunatics - "Here we are! We are so proud of you!" And she beamed. That is the moment that just kills me. I was wiping tears before the program even started. It didn't help that Chris was rubbing my leg saying "she is really growing up." I asked him to only say funny things from there on out.

See that sweet face?

What really cracked me up? The director read off what the kids had answered to a question a few weeks back. Question: what do you want to be when you grow up? Lily's answer: an airplane driver. My baby is going places. Literally.

I was so glad daddy could make it. Last minute he could come. 

Lily's sweet friends. 


After the graduation, we had our first Lemonade stand. Oh boy, Lily was so excited. Most of the kids in the cul-de-sac were not only customers, but also helped make more lemonade and signs. Some of us moms/neighbors and dogs lounged in chairs on our driveway and chatted. These are the most perfect days.

Best part about the sign: it says "Pink Lemonade" and "Plane Lemonade." 

So pumped because I FINALLY listed some onesies on Etsy. I can't wait to make more. Also busy working on a cool custom order. And a couple of embroidery projects came through too. I love my life. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie! I nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award! Head on over to my page and check it out! Congrats!

    http://helloitsmekikidee.typepad.com/blog/2012/05/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html

    ReplyDelete